Road Trip: Al’s Quality Market
Al’s Quality Market is an old school Eastern European butcher and sausage maker in downtown Barberton, Ohio. If you are looking for ethnic sausage made the old fashioned way, you need to check out Al’s. Their motto is worn proudly on their t-shirts: “It’s all about the sausage.”
And, if thinking about that sausage makes you hungry, stop at Al’s Corner Restaurant, located right around the corner from the market. The restaurant only serves lunch, from 11AM to 2PM on weekdays. Hot and mild Hungarian sausage, stuffed cabbage, chicken paprikash, pierogies, cabbage and dumplings…I couldn’t decide, so I got it all with their sampler platter.
Al’s Quality Market
151 2nd Street Northwest
Barberton, OH 44203
Tuesday to Friday: 9 – 5:30
Saturday: 8 to 4
- Smoked sausage: This is the star attraction at Al’s; they make and smoke their own sausages. Hungarian, Slovene, Slovak, Polish, Spanish Chorizo, and chicken sausages.
- Fresh sausage: They also make fresh Hungarian, Italian sweet, and Country sausage. I take it back – maybe this is the star attraction.
- Full service butcher: Want a whole strip loin roast, cut to order, and packaged for freezing? Sure, Al’s can do that.
- Other Eastern European ingredients: Egg noodles in a variety of sizes, refrigerated sauerkraut, and their own smoked paprika are the highlights in their collection of authentic ingredients for Eastern European cooking.
- Smoked dog treats: As I was leaving, I noticed a bin by the door – If you want to bring something home for Fido, they have smoked beef bones and pig skin dog treats.
Here’s the map:
My list of Ethnic and Gourmet stores in the Akron, OH area.
*Enjoyed this post? Want to help out DadCooksDinner? Subscribe using your RSS reader or by Email, recommend DadCooksDinner to your friends, or buy something from Amazon.com through the links on this site. Thank you!