My daughter is a mango fiend. She begs me to buy them every time we go to the grocery store. 1
Mango Lassi is her favorite drink – she starts lobbying for it every Sunday morning, when it’s time to make our breakfast smoothie. Even better, she wants to make it herself; smoothies are a great way to get kids into cooking. If my kids are any indication, if a recipe lets them blitz everything in the blender, they’re all for it.
I was dubious about paying for a Vitamix. Now I can’t imagine Sunday breakfast without it. I can focus on scrambled eggs without worrying about “Dad, the blender is stuck” interruptions.
Recipe: Mango Lassi (in the Vitamix)
- Blender (I use a powerful Vitamix)
- 16 ounces frozen mango
- 1 (5 ounce) container plain greek yogurt
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
1. Blend it all
Put everything in blender, start on low, and slowly increase the speed to the highest setting. (On my Vitamix, I slowly twist the knob from Variable 1 to Variable 10.) Blend on high until everything is smooth and frothy, about 2 minutes. Serve.
- Want to use fresh mango? Peel and seed 4 mangoes, then dice. Add 2 cups of ice to the smoothie, and cut the coconut milk back to 8 ounces (1 cup).
- Don’t have a Vitamix? Of course you can use a regular blender. You may need to stop the blender and break up the frozen fruit if it all jams into a solid mass, but once a good vortex gets going in the blender, you’ll be fine. Give it a couple of extra minutes to get frothy if needed.
What do you think?
Questions? Other ideas? Leave them in the comments section below.
Enjoyed this post? Want to help out DadCooksDinner? Subscribe to DadCooksDinner via eMail or RSS reader, recommend DadCooksDinner to your friends, and buy something from Amazon.com through the links on this site. Thank you.
I even bought her a mango slicer, one of the few unitaskers I keep in my kitchen.↩